April 18, 2017 by Robin @ Imperial Crochet
The people on the other end of my charge card must be busting a gut wondering what the heck I’m up to with all the oddball supplies I’ve been ordering lately.
Here’s the short list:
- a head
- a body
- another head
I ordered these body parts because I need something to model my crochet attire. Why two heads, you ask? The first one I ordered was a simple Styrofoam head without hair. After receiving it, I realize that having hair would be preferable and make it easier for folks to see the actual fit and style of my hats and tiaras and so I’ve ordered my second head. The new one is actually supposed to be used by hair dressers to practice hair styling. If this whole crochet thing doesn’t work out, maybe I can try doing that for a living.
I’ve ordered a blonde.
And of course, I’m talking about mannequins.
If you have a real live -willing- model, you wouldn’t need any mannequins at all.
But I don’t. So I do.
In addition to the body parts I’ve been ordering:
- Large Envelopes
- Small plastic bags
- Tiny Pony beads
- Even tinier Pony beads
- A scale – for measuring packages
- A tape measure – ditto the above reason
- The business cards I told you about HERE
- Clothing for the mannequin – I love her artsy vintage-tattooed look but I got her a black turtleneck to change things up from time to time and to add a bit of chicness when needed.
- And of course all kinds of yarn!
I think I have all the hooks I’ll need.
I haven’t read it yet.
Have I forgotten anything? What crazy things have you purchased for your crochet business or hobby? Share your thoughts in the comments.
I love hearing from you!