Yarn Store Liquor License

I was just reading this article about a yarn store in Leonardtown, MD being granted an Arts and Entertainment liquor license.

According to the article,
The Arts and Entertainment liquor license allows businesses to offer wine and beer for sale or complimentary. The license limits servings to five ounces and customers are limited to two drinks per event.

I don’t know if this is just a regional thing or what.  It’s new to me.  Do other areas have this?  Does your wine store have this? If it does, please let me know, because I might consider moving.

This could add a whole new layer to the average community “Stitch and Bitch.” Don’t you think?

And for women, and men, looking for company and new friends, it certainly beats going out and hanging in a bar.  There used to be a small movie theater in my area that served wine and it was always a fun evening out.  In my opinion, if you knit or crochet, this would be just as nice.

As someone who enjoys an occasional glass of wine while crocheting, I applaud this and I hope the yarn stores in my area adopt this for a fun new way to “Wine and Whine” and Wind. Is that even a good name for this kind of thing?  lol.

What do you think?  Would you go to a yarn store event that served alcohol?  Share your thoughts in the comments.  I love hearing from my readers.

This entry was posted in Loose Ends and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Yarn Store Liquor License

1. Hayley says:

There’s quite a few board game cafés that serve alcohol now so I think it’s only a matter of time before more yarn-y places have more of a selection of food and drink to keep you going between stitches!

2. nanacathy2 says:

Beats a cup of tea!

3. Miss Rebecca says:

Damn this is a good idea!

4. Yep , sure would why not 🙂

5. tonymarkp says:

In San Lorenzo del Escorial (Madrid) there is a yarn boutique that is also a bar/café that serves all kinds of beverages and treats. I’ve never been there but lots of my friends like it. It’s called Merino Feroz (“Ferocious Merino Sheep”) which means it also has a lot of sense of humor! Here’s the link to their web page: https://merinoferoz.com/

6. Forget about occasional events, wouldn’t it be great if a “yarn bar” was a thing?? Where you could browse pattern books, buy yarns, and chill out on some sofas and crochet/knit with a fully licensed bar… how cool would that be???

That would be my dream business to open a shop like that!!! The ‘blue laws’ in Connecticut are awful – it’s only been a few years since liquor stores have been allowed to be open on Sundays. I still get that – “omg I have to get to the packy before it closes” feeling on Saturday night!!

8. Sarah says:

Sounds great but it’s a good job people are limited to two drinks. There’d be a lot of frogging to do otherwise. 🙂

9. What an excellent idea, I must see if there are any yarn shops near me with a licence! Although I’m a bit of a lightweight, it might affect my crochet 😉

10. Emma says:

That sounds awesome!

11. Nice! That’s a great idea… None of the yarn stores in Dublin serve alcohol… or if they do, they’re not telling me! 😆

12. Nina says:

Oh this sounds so amazing! I’m so jealous! We don’t have much interest here on the small island for yarn stores or gatherings… but I’d definitely have wine 😊