When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.
June 13, 2017 by Robin @ Imperial Crochet
Today, I was pleasantly surprised (okay, I was shocked, really) to find that a blogger whom I totally admire has nominated “me” among several others, for the Versatile Blogger Award.
First of all, let me say, “I’m not worthy.” Second of all, let me tell you that the person who nominated me, absolutely IS worthy and I want to thank Shirley at Handmade Habit from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful compliment she’s given me with this nomination.
Handmade Habit was one of the very first blogs I followed after starting Imperial Crochet here at WordPress when her DIY tutorial about sweater-recycling caught my eye. You might want to go read that post if you’re interested in gathering enough yarn for making a warm sweater for under five bucks. Who here isn’t? In addition to being so crafty with yarn by weaving and knitting, Shirley also does paper cutting and she’s a wonderful doodler too. Trust me, if you’re a little crafty, you’ll enjoy reading her blog.
The Versatile Blogger Award is intended to “Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life.”
From the VBA blog site.
Each for a different reason mentioned above, here’s my list.
I truly find excellence and something to love in each and every one of the blogs I follow. Since it would be too cumbersome and time consuming to mention every single one of you, the following are just some of the bloggers blogs that I admire and are written by people I haven’t bothered with an award recently. (Except for Tami because she has two blogs.)
- Queen of the Girl Geeks
- Kristabella’s HodgePodge
- My OBT
- Tanglewood Tapestry
- Sewing Etc.
- Quiet Water Crafts
- Kool Kosher Kitchen
- The Yarn Blabber
- The Messy Brunette
- Comically Quirky
- The Crocheted Butterfly
- The Wee House of Crochet
- Emma Craft Designs
If you’ve found yourself listed here, please feel free to ignore my request that you do your own Versatile Blogger Award post. Just like the Blue Sky Tag, this is all in good fun and I won’t think any differently about you if you decline.
In fact, I really do understand: See #7 below.
For those of you who decide that they’d like to share a Versatile Blogger Award and blog post, here’s what you need to do.
Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog.
Nominate 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
And last but not least, here’s the seven things about me that I’ve decided to share.
7 Things About Myself
- My husband and I have been “an item” since we were in high school.
- Together, we raised our two boys into men that we are extremely proud of.
- We have two beautiful granddaughters who we love to the moon and back, and who each sleep with a granny square blanket that I made for them.
- I’m a self-taught crocheter who is still learning by way of Youtube, books, blogs, and magazines.
- I wanted to learn how to crochet to help me quit smoking. And it worked!
- My favorite blog posts that I’ve “written” are all of the interviews that came to me by way of my Spin Me A Yarn post. There’s always room for one more if you’re interested in sharing a story.
- Please don’t take this the wrong way but as grateful as I was to receive the Versatile Blogger Award nomination, I will probably NOT be participating in any new ones any time soon. I really do need to get on with the business of getting my crochet business going and as complimentary, fun, and interesting these awards and tag games are, they are very time consuming. I really must get back to writing on topic, about crochet.
Thanks for stopping by to read this!
I feel very blessed with all of the wonderful people I’m meeting through blogging here.