Pretty Crochet Border on my Call The Midwife Inspired Baby Blanket

This morning I was frantically trying to get the border completed on the Call the Midwife Baby Blanket that I crocheted and shared with you yesterday.

Unfortunately, it’s still not completely done but I do have enough of it finished to show it off.

pretty crochet border

Close up view of the border on my Call the Midwife Inspired blanket.

I’m in love with this border pattern!

The Call the Midwife Inspired Pattern offers the suggested stitches for completing the afghan but they leave it up to you to decide how many and on some rows, which type of stitch.  The following shares the stitches I used on mine in US terms.

My Call The Midwife Inspired Blanket Border Pattern

Row 1.  I went all the way around the blanket with a half double crochet stitch.

Row 2.  I went all the way around with a double crochet stitch.

Row 3.  I used a V stitch (DC, CH, DC) in every 3rd double crochet stitch from Row 2.

Row 4.  I used a V stitch in every V stitch from Row 3.

Row 5.  I used a Shell stitch (7 DC in the same V) in first V stitch followed by a single crochet stitch in the next V stitch, repeated all the way around.

One More Row

The Zazzle link is an affiliate link.

This funny crochet shirt describes me perfectly this morning as I was trying to finish my beautiful border.

I don’t know why but at the end of a project, I always get antsy to see how it’s going to turn out.

I’m really happy with the border on this blanket and I will definitely use this one again.

Once it’s completely done and I finish weaving in the ends this pretty blanket will be posted in my Etsy shop along with a bunch of other items I’ve been neglecting to list lately.

Anyway, until we meet again, here’s wishing you a frog-free crochet day!

Robin

PS… Do you have a favorite border?  I think the one I shared above is my new favorite!  If you have a favorite go-to border, share the stitches or the name of it in the comments.  I love hearing from my readers.

This entry was posted in Borders, Favorite Crochet Patterns, Patterns & Projects and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Pretty Crochet Border on my Call The Midwife Inspired Baby Blanket

1. Kate says:

This is very pretty! Every afghan or blanket is different, but when I want a really simple border, my favourite is crab stitch.

Love this border, it is perfect for the main pattern!

3. lyncrain says:

It compliments the pattern beautiful. I tend to finish the edges with one round of hdc and then a round of 2 dc chain 1 2 dc 2 dc ch 3 2 dc in the corner and then following with another round of hdc.My final row I do picots usually with ch 3’s.
    I tend to like very simple edges though after seeing this I may reconsider.

4. Emma says:

I love this border, it’s actually one that I use regularly! The issue is that it takes heaps of yarn 😁

You’re right. It does take a lot of yarn. It also makes the blanket much larger than a simpler border does so that needs to be incorporated into your sizing. But, yes, I LOVE it too.

5. That is truly lovely – so delicate. 🙂

6. yarnrelatedgmailcom says:

Looks lovely! I bet you could use this on many projects!

Great choice on the border! This is a border that I go to a lot too. I love the scalloped look. It’s a beautiful blanket Robin and I bet it gets sold quickly! 😀

8. That is such a lovely border, it goes with the blanket so well 🙂

9. Louise says:

Love this border. Just wonderig how many stitches you done in the corners?
    Many thanks

10. Jo Ann M Eznack says:

I just came across this posting looking for a border…to my amazement, my midwife blanket is also YELLOW….I used Red Heart Soft Baby Steps and a G hook…how awesome.. I do believe your border is close to the one I put on another blanket…

11. Pingback: What Does Going Viral Mean To You? | Imperial Crochet