Crochet Goal Setting for July

Have you set any crochet goals for July?  I have and let me tell you why.

The first of any month is a great time to make a list of the goals that you’d like to achieve within the next 30 days.  Here in the USA, July is a hot one and it might not seem like prime time for crocheting BUT this month also serves as a reminder that there’s less than six months to get ready for the holidays.  That means, whether you’re stocking a shop, or planning to crochet and give homemade gifts this year, you’d better get cracking!  We all know how quickly time flies.

dockside

Dockside lunch celebrating my birthday.

June was (and always is) a crazy busy month in my house.  It’s filled with many ups and downs.  For us, there are lots of really good memories, days, and occasions that we celebrate along with some terrible bad ones that we can never forget.  Because of this, it’s usually my least productive month… and I think that held true this year.

BUT… With the new month starting…  It’s time to move onward and upward!

So, without any further ado, here’s my crochet plan for July:

One:  I plan to implement some of the ideas that were discussed in my 5 Tips to work more Productively at Home post.  I’d especially like to start using a work day ending routine.

Two:  Branching off of that, I’m going to use a set schedule of hours that will be broken up into segments for work, housework, writing, and pleasure.

Three:  I will be adding more stock to my Etsy shop… ASAP.  I’ve actually got a bunch of items done, ready, and waiting to go.  I’ve just gotten really lazy about doing the listings.

Four:  I’m working on taking better photos for my shop and social media.  More about this in a future post… stay tuned.

Five:  I’m studying crochet trends and searching for new patterns that go with them.  By month’s end I want to have at least 5 new patterns/projects under my sleeve and in my Etsy store.

Robin Egg Blue yarn

Working on a crocheted baby blanket for my Etsy shop.

My goals are based around the fact that I’m in the process of building a small business around my crochet.

What are your crochet goals?  Are you an established seller? A new shop owner like me?  Making gifts for loved ones?  Just having fun?

Whatever your goals are for this coming month, here’s wishing you accomplish all you set out to do AND have some fun doing it!

Share your July crochet goals in the comments.  I love hearing from my readers and maybe if we share our plans, goals, and wishes, in public, they will all come true.

This entry was posted in Loose Ends and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Crochet Goal Setting for July

1. Hayley says:

One of the things that I most enjoy about knitting/crochet is that we always have Christmas at the back of our minds in one way or another!

I just think anyone who creates a shop is incredibly brave. I wouldn’t even know where or how to begin on that!

3. Ah no sleeping for you – you got crochet goals to get accomplished 🙂 Sounds ambitious but achievable!

4. I want to be completely done with my teacher certification course for crochet. Finish up the lesson plans and complete the 15 hours of teaching. I also want to finish a mermaid puppet I’m working on. And lastly, I want to finish that Bavarian square sweater that got put on the back burner. If I finish it by the end of July, then I know it will be ready for the Fall/Winter.

5. MrsCraft says:

Good luck with your goals! I want to have a couple of projects ready to enter in our village show at the end of July.

6. Emma says:

You’ve totally got this planing sorted! I think that in July I want to get a couple more pairs of socks done and I want to catch up on my cross stitch. We will see how I go!

7. Great post! I’m hoping to get more done on my WIP pile and I’m planning on doing a yarn spinning class!!

8. After really struggling in June, I’ve decided not to set any goals for July. I shall just achieve whatever I achieve and that will be enough for me 🙂

Thanks for the reminder Robin! I need to start thinking about Christmas gifts to make. I should at least make sure I have plenty of holiday color yarn in my stash. I don’t know about you but I can never find any green or red yarn in stores after November. 😀

That is so true! You’d think they would stock more of it at that time of year! But I need to finish the yarn I have… But I need holiday colored yarn… OH MY! lol