A First Timer Here | Quick and Merry Crochet Along with the Crochet Crowd

I’m excited about joining my very first Crochet Along!   To be honest, it wasn’t very long ago that I had to look up what CAL meant.  But here I am, all grown up and ready to join the fun.

I first heard about the Crochet Crowd’s Quick & Merry Crochet Along from Kristabella’s Hodgepodge on Instagram.  She was excited about signing up and never having been a part of one myself, I decided to check it out.

crochetcrowdcrochetalong

Have you signed up for the The Crochet Crowd’s Quick & Merry Crochet Along?

The Crochet Along starts on July 17, 2017 (the June date on the promo is a misprint.) and all you need is two skeins of Caron One Pound in the colors of your choice.  So, having nothing scheduled or booked for that day, I jumped in with both feet… or should I say with both skeins?  I have to admit, it was challenging to decide on the colors not knowing what the finished project was going to be but I decided to play it safe and go super neutral with,  Lace and Cream.

Yarnspirations gave me a 20% discount coupon for the yarn after I signed up which was very nice.  I just hope the yarn arrives in time.  (I’m a worry wart. Always have been; Always will be.)

You can learn more and sign up by visiting The Crochet Crowd on Facebook before the big day!

If you decide to join us, (Yes, us.  It’s fun to be an us, instead of a “just me” for something crochet related.) let me know in the comments and please share your color choices.  I’m worried that I made a poor decision on the colors too.  (You see?  Worry wart!)

This entry was posted in CAL, Crochet, Loose Ends, Patterns & Projects and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to A First Timer Here | Quick and Merry Crochet Along with the Crochet Crowd

How exciting! I have never done a CAL as it was going on. I’ve found a few on youtube that I’ve done – mandala madness is the one I use for my Mindful Mandala. Can’t wait to see what you’re making and watching the progress!! Love Crochet Crowd so I’m sure it will be fabulous!! 😀

How exciting. You can be my guinea pig. If it looks like fun, I might join one. LOL!

3. I just love Mikey and Diva dan at Crochet Crowd! Fantastic patterns and tutorials and a really great community of yarn crafters.

4. Kate says:

I haven’t decided if I’ll join this CAL, but I did one with The Crochet Crowd about 2 or 2 1/2 years ago…it was fun! Like you I worried about my colour choices because it was a mystery CAL, but it turned out okay. Hopefully yours does too!

5. MrsCraft says:

Sounds exciting! I’ve never done a CAL ‘live’ but I have used the patterns afterwards. I might join up!

6. I can’t wait to see what you make, or maybe I’ll join you!

7. Thanks for the shoutout, Robin 😍 As of now you’re one step ahead of me…I haven’t ordered my yarn yet. 😳 I honestly didn’t realize that it’s only a week away. Better do that right now! Thanks for the reminder 🤗

8. Do you have a link for the CAL? I’ve had a wander around FB but I can’t find it and I’d love to sign up!

9. Hayley says:

Oooo exciting! I’m looking forward to seeing the updates as you go. I’m not doing the CAL myself but I think I’d go with the Caron One Pound’s Grass Green and Taupe as my colour choices

10. LoopsandLil says:

This is such a coincidence it was only this morning I was wondering what CAL meant – I’d seen it on instagram a few times. Now I know so thank you! I think your colours will look beautiful. Have fun and don’t forget to post a picture when it’s finished I’d love to see it! Thanks for following too, Julie (LoopsandLil)

11. Very exciting! I can’t wait to see what it is!

Keep us posted!

13. Oh I love love ❤️ Crochet alongs!!! I am going to have to go check this one out so I can be part of the “in” crowd too!! It’s so nice to meet you:)!

14. Pingback: Crochet Journal Entry Stardate 7/24/2017 | Imperial Crochet

15. That’s so cool because I’m a beginner crocheter myself. I’m basically teaching myself but I’m having trouble with deciding which yarn is best to use to make headbands or the right yarn for any project. I wanted to start with a headband because it looks easier than the other projects I’ve seen made via YouTube.