18 Goals for 2018

Placeholder ImageI’m historically not good at keeping my New Year resolutions and even worse at regularly writing blog posts so after some long and hard consideration I’ve decided NOT to participate in the 18 for 2018 blog posts.  I do however want to share my goals for the coming year in hopes that by publicly sharing them, I’ll be more inclined to strive towards completing them in the coming year.  So here goes… in no particular order…

My 18 Goals for 2018

• Write more blog posts at Imperial Crochet,
  • and also at Retro Invites,
  • and at Seasonal Showers too!
  • Become more visual on social media.
  • Start my novel.
  • Finish my novel.
  • Become a more professional crocheter.
  • Create some of my own unique crochet items.
  • Increase the amount of merchandise in my Etsy shop.
  • Use up my yarn stash and then only buy what I need.
  • Continue de-cluttering my house.
  • Add some delicious new recipes to my daily meal preparation.
  • Spend more time outdoors.
  • Become more spiritual.
  • Less soda; more water.
  • Less meat; more vegetables.
  • Less worry; more sleep.
  • Less words; more action… except for the more words at my blogs and in my novel, of course!

Feel free to share some of your own goals for 2018 in the comments.  I love hearing from my readers!

P.S.  The swan photo shown above came with this WordPress blog template.  I don’t own it nor do I know who took the photo.

About Robin @ Imperial Crochet

This entry was posted in Loose Ends, Motivation and Inspiration and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to 18 Goals for 2018

1. MrsCraft says:

Great goals! Good luck with it. 😊

Those are good goals. My goal is to blog something every day. I have a calendar with plans all written out. I decided on certain crafts to be dedicated to certain days of the week. Once a week I want to post either my pets or something of nature. This should keep me on track. We’ll see how that actually works out. 🙂

3. Sherron0 says:

Your goals could be my goals, except that I want to keep my crochet as strictly a hobby. I use it to relax, and I want it to keep being relaxing. so no Etsy.

4. Those are amazing goals! I also need to drink less soda, but its so darn nice with some ice oooosh. I noticed you wanted to write a novel, what kind may i ask? Good luck with your goals ❤

5. Kati Lyn says:

It’s like reading my own goals! 😛

For blogging this year (and so far it’s working) I wrote out a few things I wanted to do. (Recipes, crochet, crafts, etc.) Then I separated the out into days and put them all out on a calendar so I could visually see it. So, on the first and third Thursday of the month is crochet with the first being a tutorial and the third being a pattern. The second and fourth mondays are recipes, etc. Seeing it visually laid out helped. I could add in what the topics would be for those that I knew…

And then I took note cards (colored ones to easily color code my topics) and put the overall topic and date on the top, then what the subject is, OR themes and ideas to play with for creating that blog post. This whole process has significantly helped me feel like I have a handle on my blog this year.

I thought I’d share the process with you in case it helps and matches how you like to do things.

Good luck with your goals this year!

Thank you! It is helpful to me to learn how others are handling their blogs. I really like your idea of using note cards so that I could easily switch topics around if I wanted to. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas here!

• Kati Lyn says:

That was part of the thought with the cards. If i wanted to, I could at any point lay out the cards for the month, and look at other months and switch something if I wanted to. I also have a word document (LibreOffice, actually,) where I write down any ideas I may have for other posts later in the year or next year if it doesn’t match this year’s theme sets. (I hope that makes sense….)

6. Colline says:

I wish you luck with your goals this year. My list is quite a bit shorter as I have decided to focus on only a few things.

7. Really nice goals! I didn’t know that you have several blogs! I also made a new year’s resolutions post this year. 🙂

8. tonymarkp says:

I like your list of goals a lot. I don’t participate in the New Year’s stuff, either, and I haven’t made a resolution in 20 plus years because I never fulfill them, either. Instead, I just constantly make goals for myself when necessary, any old time. I think the New Year’s resolution is just too forced. It was invented to doom us all to failure of completing our goals. If you just make new goals for yourself when it’s time to do it, you will have a better chance of attaining them.

9. Emma says:

Great goals Robin 🙂 You do have quite a few! I’m sure you’ll do great! Have a great new year!

10. I think people take New Year’s resolutions too seriously. The rebel in me refuses to make promises at the “right” time just because everyone is making them at that time. If there is something that befuddles me (because I like the word “befuddle), I’ll deal with it a soon as it hits my awareness. OR not!

11. Good luck with your goals too 🙂